North Korea has no intention of going back on its plan to start sending anti-South Korea propaganda leaflets across the border.
That was in a statement from the regime's United Front Department.
It said the regime is well aware that propaganda leaflets would be a violation of an inter-Korean agreement signed two years ago.
But that agreement, it said, is now useless and South Korea should no longer talk about it.
This statement came after Seoul's Ministry of Unification urged the North on Saturday to immediately cancel its plan to release propaganda leaflets into South Korea, citing the agreement.
Amid North Korea's provocative rhetoric, Seoul is keeping an eye on the regime's military, but so far it has only sent small groups of soldiers to stakeout boxes on the northern side of the Demilitarized Zone.
Sources said Sunday that groups of up to five soldiers are there clearing the bushes and repairing the entrances to several places in the Demilitarized Zone and now-shuttered guard posts.
The South Korean military authorities say they do not consider this to be military action, however, but rather ordinary movements given that these are military facilities.
Still they add that they are closely monitoring such movements.
Meanwhile, North Korea is making threats against the United States as well.
According to Russia's TASS news agency on Saturday local time, North Korea's embassy in Russia has warned the U.S. that if a war happens on the Korean Peninsula, the U.S. will be destroyed by the regime's nuclear weapons.
KIM Bo-kyoung, Arirang News.